Tuesday, October 27, 2009

In Memoriam: My Kodak Z710

 

 

The camera you see above is the dead carcass of my old friend, my Kodak Z710. This camera has been a workhorse, recording just over 18,000 images and videos (some videos over an hour long) since I bought it to replace a Z710 that had greatly impressed me with it's stamina and rock-steady dependable performance. 

I've had it since 2007 and it will be (already has been) missed.

 

I have not yet decided what to replace it with. The Kodak Z1015 IS is certainly at the top of a very short list. I am also considering making the jump to an entry level DSLR camera, but even the entry level cameras are either too expensive, or there are too many negative reviews of them that have scared me off choosing them. If you know of one that is good for under $300 and has the ability to leave the shutter open as long as I want (for long exposures), and is VERY dependable and rugged, drop me a line.

With my KOdak Z710's, I've recorded images like those below...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I guess you can tell that I got better over time taking photos with this camera, but I give the majority of the credit to the camera itself. I'll miss you, Kodak Z710...you've been a dependable friend.

Posted via web from bobbycoggins's posterous

No comments:

Followers